Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lord, Keep Me Balanced!

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food needful for me. (Prov. 30:8) 

The longer I live the more I realize the ease with which we can slip into extremes. I see it all around me and sometimes, to my own embarrassment, I find it in myself. A major prayer of mine as I grow older is, "Lord, keep me balanced!" 

We need a balance between work and play, between kindness and firmness, between waiting and praying, between saving and spending, between wanting too much and expecting too little, between warm acceptance and keen discernment, between grace and truth. 

For many folks, the struggle with imbalance is not an annual conflict---it's a daily grind. . . . The adversary of our souls is the expert of extremes. He never runs out of ways to push us to the limit . . . to get us to go so far out on one end we. . . cast perspective to the winds. 

The longer I live, the more I must fight the tendency to go to extremes . . . and the more I value balance. 

Living Beyond the Daily Grind 

Balance is so desperately needed in our lives. Balance allows us to put things in proper perspective and allows us to prioritize what is most important in our lives. Establishing the ideal balance in our lives is virtually impossible given the constant shift in priorities that we have in our lives. So it's a given that establishing the ideal balance in our lives cannot be accomplished on our own. 

With that said, the ideal balance for our lives can only be accomplished when we filter our lives through the Word of God. The Word of God provides us the guidelines in which we can live our lives giving God the glory and pleasing Him in the process while also being of benefit to ourselves and those around us. Regardless of the area of your life that needs balance, the Word of God will provide us the answers we need. 

The world we live in is like a tightrope. Our daily lives are constantly hanging in the balance while we are being pulled in a million different directions by various people and things that are desperately vying for our attention. My dear friends, if your life at the present moment is out of balance, I strongly encourage you to drop whatever it is that you are doing at the present moment, take a deep breath, and give God a minute of your time and simply meditate in His Presence. With God at the extreme center of our lives, we can achieve the ideal balance we have always looked for regardless of whatever situation we find ourselves in. Do you find yourself in a very chaotic situation right now? Does it feel like the world around you is crumbling underneath you? Do you feel like the world is turning against you? I strongly encourage you to say the following now and every chance that you get: 

Lord, keep me balanced! 

As you acknowledge Jesus in every single detail of your life, those words will always come to mind. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).