Saturday, April 4, 2015

We Need Discipline!

Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuses instruction: but he that regards reproof shall be honored. (Prov. 13:18) 

Discipline is one of the most hated terms of our times . . . right alongside patience and self-control. But have you noticed how often it comes up in testimonies of those who win? . . . 

Here are some key uses of discipline: 

No runner completes the training or a race without it. 
No weight-loss program is maintained without it. 
No human body is kept fit without it.
No mind is sharpened without it.
No temptation is overcome without it. 

If you want to put a stop to mediocrity, to replace excuses with fresh determination and procrastination with tough-minded perseverance, you need discipline. 

Day by Day with Charles Swindoll 

Discipline is one of the most difficult virtues to exercise in our time. If we are going to experience success in any area of our lives, we must learn how to practice discipline. Discipline is very difficult for us to achieve alone. 

Some of the most successful and influential people in our times had someone either coach or mentor them to fine tune certain areas of their lives. As a result of the fine-tuning, discipline has been established. One of my mentors once told me that if I were to focus all my efforts on a particular project or skill for 21 days in a row without letting up, I would eventually master it. There's truth to that advice. 

I wasn't always a very effective writer. When I first started blogging, there was a great deal of uncertainty in regards to my commitment to blogging. My lack of writing skills at the time created the potential for not being able to put together quality content to keep my reading audience interested in what is written. After remaining faithful to this amazing project, God has been (and continues to be) faithful in enabling me the discipline in not only writing the best possible content, but in remaining faithful and consistent in publishing a new post every two days. The fruits of this discipline in my personal life has been a dramatic increase in readers and further disciplining myself so I can continue to be a blessing to other people and ministries in need of my contributions. 

My dear friends, is there a particular area of your life in where you need the most discipline? Don't hesitate to ask God to help you in that particular area. Especially if that particular area in your life will make the difference for eternity in the lives of the people you know and don't know. God has a very special plan and purpose for your life. Ask Him to develop the discipline needed to make the greatest possible impact in not only your own life, but in the lives of those you love and care about. You owe it to yourself and to everyone, especially God Himself. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).