Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Place For Prayer!

Every one that is godly pray unto you. (Psalm 32:6) 

Never underestimate the place of prayer. . . . I'm convinced that one of the reasons we are so lax in prayer is that we have never prepared a place to meet with God. When you want to draw near to the heart of God, you have to get away from the din, away from the confusion, away from the noise and distractions. . . . You need a place apart---a place where you can separate yourself from the distractions of daily life and meet, alone, with God. . . . 

Then, be specific in your prayer life. If you need a job, pray for a job. If you're an engineer, ask God to open up an engineering position for you, or something related for which you are qualified. . . . If  you need fifteen hundred dollars for tuition, ask for that amount. If some fear has you in its grasp, name that fear and ask specifically for relief from it. . . . "We need," as one of my mentors used to say, "to guard against the slimy ooze of indefiniteness." . . . 

Make your petitions specific. 

Elijah: A Man of Heroism and Humility 

My place of prayer happens to be my bedroom. Whenever I'm out and about, I love to stop at a park and find a spot for a time of meditation and quality time spent with my Heavenly Father. As an intercessor, I don't place too much value on where I pray in contrast to where my heart is at when it comes to spending time before God in prayer. 

If there is definitely one thing that I must place some stock on as far as my place of prayer is concerned is the conduciveness of God's presence in that place. What would be your place of prayer be like? Would it be conducive to listening to God clearly? With that said, it's going to be very obvious that our place of prayer will be different from one person to another. While some of us will have the beauty of nature surrounding us, others will be surrounded by brick and mortar. What it really boils down to though is not so much the place, but the condition of our hearts and spirits when we approach God in a humble manner. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).