Friday, March 13, 2015

Is The Motive Right?!

Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure with trouble. (Prov. 15:16) 

Fortune says that to be successful you need to make the big bucks. Why else would the Fortune 500 list make such headlines every year? Anyone who is held up as successful must have more money than the average person. 

Understand, there is nothing wrong with money earned honesty. Certainly there is nothing wrong in investing or giving or even spending money if the motive is right, if the heart is pure. But I have yet to discover anyone who has found true happiness simply in the gathering of more money. Although money is not sinful or suspect in itself, it is not what brings lasting contentment, fulfillment, or satisfaction. 

Hope Again 

I am one of the billions of people on this planet that has some type of agenda. Chances are I'm in the minority when I say that my agenda is not of my own making nor is it my own. I'm not so much striving, but thriving to live out the agenda that God has set up for me. It was God's agenda for Christian Living to be created and the words of this blog to be scattered to all four corners of this world. It was also God's agenda for me to translate and edit the English version of Family Altar on behalf of an excellent ministry from Colombia. To God be the glory in both projects of eternal ramifications for me and everyone involved in these projects. 

Are my motives for my involvement in these projects a selfish and self-centered one? I'm extremely confident in the Lord that this is not the case. Quite the contrary. I have seen God's hand move on my behalf in not only these projects but in the actual fulfillment of my calling as Evangelist coming to fruition. God has opened many doors for me. Those doors would never be open had my motives been anything but godly. 

My dear friends, whatever it is that God puts you to do, do it with a godly motive, not a selfish and self-centered motive. Our motivation should serve to be a blessing and benefit others and bring glory to God as we aim to please Him in all that we do and in the way we live out our lives. All of will one day have to answer to God in regards to the motives we have brought to the call on our lives and the work He has asked of us to do. Here's a question for you: 

Is the motive right? 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).