Sunday, March 15, 2015

God Is Bigger Than Our Excuses!


Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? (Isa. 6:8)  

We all have excuses to disqualify ourselves from God's service. 
  • "I'm not physically well."
  • "I've got this temper problem."
  • "I can't speak very well in public."
  • "I don't have a lot of education." 
  • "My past is too raunchy!" 
  • "You see, I'm a divorcee." 
  • "I was once in a mental hospital." 
And on and on and on. . . . But God is bigger than any of those reasons. He specializes in taking bruised, soiled, broken, guilty, and miserable vessels and making them whole, forgiven, and useful again. 

You see, God's perspective is much broader than ours. 

Strengthening Your Grip 

I really hate to say this. Excuses are the bane of our society. Excuses get in the way of God from releasing His power upon our lives. Excuses cheapen God's grace and waters down our faith and trust in God and those people that God has placed around us. 

My dear friend, can you see how excuses can become the harbinger of an ineffective life? My hope and prayer is that this particular post will serve as a reminder that God is indeed bigger than our excuses. God is not only bigger than our excuses, but He is also bigger than our problems, our trials, and any challenges we are currently faced with. It is only during those times when we may feel too weak when God shows His strength in such mysterious and miraculous ways. 

Knowing that God is indeed bigger than our excuses is both comforting and empowering. It serves as a reminder for me to know that God is not only sovereign, but He is faithful and true. I often hear myself saying that He is faithful and true because I have come to the realization that I am limited to the excuses that I continuously make. My excuse for not having much of a social life used to be based upon an embarrassing medical condition called Essential Tremor. Essential Tremor is not life-threatening, but it affects my ability to be able eat with a steady hand. It also affects my ability to stand for extended periods of time without my legs trembling like jello. This is only the tip of the iceberg my friends. I can probably break out with tons of excuses not to do God's work, but I refuse to do so. I refuse to do so because of what Jesus has done for me. Jesus gave His life for me. . . and all of you. Jesus is the Chief Motivator of my life. Jesus has already done for me and for you what no other person past, present, and future will never do for us. With that said and in mind, what kind of excuse do we have to not faithfully serve God and the people around us? We have none! God is bigger than any excuses you can possibly come up with. Let us rise above the excuses and make an eternal difference in the lives of those who are desperate for Jesus. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).