Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A String Of Moments!

Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent of great transgression. (Ps. 19:13) 

Life on earth is really nothing more than a string of moments, one after another. And I do not want my testimony for Jesus Christ to be shattered by a single moment of indulging my flesh. I don't want one moment of rage or pride or arrogance to cast a shadow over a lifetime of walking with my Lord. Frankly, I fear that possibility. And do you know what? I want to fear that possibility. When I stop fearing it, I am in grave danger. 

The Living Bible renders David's prayer (Ps. 19:13): "Keep me from deliberate wrongs; help me to stop doing them. Only then can I be free of guilt and innocent of some great crime." 

What a great prayer! "Lord, you know my capacity to throw everything over in one stupid, fleshly act. Keep me from it! Restrain me. Guard me from trashing it all in one horrible moment of rage and lust. If You guard me and keep me, Lord, I'll never have to look back and mourn over committing such a deed." 

Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication 

Moments make memories. . . . 

Always remember those words. A storing of moments, whether bad or good, will always happen in our time here on earth. Those string of moments will determine what kind of person we become. 

The kind of moments you experience in life is largely determined by the environment you find yourself in. That environment usually starts at home where you're born and raised and can continue on through your place of employment. Your memories will always be built on those moments you experience. 

What kind of moments have you experienced that remind you of God's faithfulness? How have those moments made you into the person you are today? Let us pray that the moments we experience will never be taken for granted. Let us also pray that God will provide us with the wisdom to learn how to deal with those moments that are miraculous in nature. Last, but not least, let us pray that the moments we experience will be moments that we can share with the people that we love and care for. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).