Sunday, February 1, 2015

You Lost. Get Over It!

Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. (Rom. 15:7) 

If you don't get your way, get over it, get on with life. If you don't get your way in a vote at a church, get over it. The vote was taken (if the church has integrity, the vote was handled with  fairness), now get on with it. Just press on. And don't rehearse the fight or the vote year after year. The work of God slows down when we are not big enough to take it to the chin and say, "We lost!" Having been raised in the South, I didn't know the South lost the Civil War until I was in junior high school . . . and even then it was debatable among my teachers. 

Be big enough to say, "We lost." Grace will help. 

The Grace Awakening 

In my short lifetime, I have had my fair share of losses. I have lost everything from good health to money even a sense of self-worth. I'm confident in the Lord that anyone that reads this post will be able to relate to what it is like to have lost something in life. Experiencing any kind of loss in life is never easy. That is when God's grace comes in. 

God's grace has an amazing way of providing us with the perspective needed to be able to understand and process the loss in our lives. God's grace lightens the load of any loss we experience. Grace and loss are almost inclusive of one another. It's almost inclusive from the perspective that grace can continue to operate away from loss whereas loss requires grace in order for loss to be understood and processed in a godly light. 

My dear friends, has God's grace abound in any losses you have experienced? I really hope and pray that this is the case? Why? Because God's grace is the greatest experience we can have in our lives, especially during times of loss. God's grace is also evident in our times of victory and triumph. My hope and prayer is that when you lose in life, you have developed the maturity and the grace to say the following:

"We lost. Grace will help." 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends!  May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).