Monday, January 12, 2015

You Are God's Personal Concern!

When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. (Prov. 16:7) 

You know what? God personally cares about the things that worry us. He cares more about them than we care about them: those things that hang in our minds as nagging, aching, worrisome thoughts. 

Moses had some worrisome thoughts dragging him down. Do you remember why he left Egypt. . . ? He was running for his life. Pharaoh and some of his men were looking for Moses, to kill him. (Exodus 2:15) Then forty years later God told Moses to return to Egypt (Exodus 3 and 4). Naturally Moses was worried about those men back in Egypt who wanted his head. He was reluctant to go back. But once he acquiesced to God's will, he said, "Lord, I'm available. I'm going to trust in You with all my heart. I'm not going to lean on my own understanding." Then while he was still in Midian, God said to him, "Oh by the way Moses, you know all the men who sought your life. They're dead." Isn't that remarkable? What a tremendous relief! 

Perfect Trust 

My friends, YOU are God's personal concern! 

Let those words sinking into your entire being a little bit. Those words are a big deal! Those words are comforting from the perspective that He is sovereign and He definitely has everything under control. 

My dear friends, God is more concerned about your life than you can possibly be about your own life. He is concerned about all the small details of your life (even those big ones too!). In those moments of any given day, God has an amazing way of showing Himself Faithful and True. You're probably thinking, "If God is so concerned with my life, why does He allow me to struggle and suffer?" That is a fair question as I have asked that question a million times myself. The "crazy" part is that every time I asked that question I would get the same answer. The answer is quite simple: He is sovereign. No matter what you are going through or concerned about, God is there by your side. Yes, He is watching you and listening to your pleas. All you need to do is approach Him with childlike (not childish) faith. It can (and will) be a whole lot easier said than done, but it can (and will) definitely be done, in His time, not in ours. So friend, do you trust God enough to surrender your most pressing concerns to Him? 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).