Thursday, January 8, 2015

Our Job Is To Obey!

But let all those that put their trust in you rejoice: let them ever shout for joy. (Psalm 5:11) 

As you walk the path of trust you will 
experience situations that simply defy explanation. When you look back, after the fact, you could never have figured out a better plan. At the time it seemed strange, mysterious . . . even illogical. Let me assure you, that's God working. Things will happen that seem totally contradictory, but these are God's arrangements. It was a wonderful day when I finally realized I don't have to explain or defend the will of God. My job is simply to obey it. 

It is a waste of time trying to unscrew the inscrutable workings of God. You'll never be able to do it. That's simply the way God works. He honors faith and obedience. He will honor your faith if you will trust Him in a walk of obedience. And when you trust Him completely, you will enjoy inner quietness and security. You will have a secure confidence that you are walking in His will. You will be surrounded by His peace. 

Perfect Trust 

Here's a million dollar question. . . . 

Do you trust God enough to totally and completely surrender your faith and obedience to Him? 

This question is a difficult one to answer and should be thought of long and hard before answering. This is one of the questions that require deep thought and lots of prayer to confirm and understand the ramifications of our obedience to God. The bottom line is trust

I will be among the first to admit that it has taken me many years to trust God (even just a little). So many of us can relate to having trust issues when we have experienced so much disappointment and betrayal in our lives. In my experience, the reason why it was so hard for me to totally trust God and be totally obedient to Him is because of my earthly father leaving my mom while she was pregnant of me. 

As a result, my childhood was extremely hard. My adolescent years were not any easier. My young adult years have gotten somewhat easier, but still continued to battle with the emotional scars of the past as well as certain medical conditions began to surface. Let's be honest, how was I supposed to be able to surrender my faith and obedience in its entirety to God? Let's just say I was challenged to say the least. But. . . . 

"Our job is to obey." 

It was not until I was in my mid thirties when "obedience is greater than sacrifice" really took effect. The hardships that I have faced and continue to face has transformed my faith in God like nothing and no one here on earth can. Nine times out of ten, hardships is the key ingredient involved that becomes the catalyst to living a life of radical faith and obedience. Hardships, may or may not harden our hearts to God and those around us. The choice is ours. Instead of allowing hardships to harden my heart, I allowed God through the hardships to soften my heart, mind, and spirit. Not much has changed at the writing of this post, but one thing that has changed among so many other things is my obedience to God. My obedience to God has transformed me inside out and He is right now in the process of opening more doors to fulfilling the call of Evangelist upon my life. My dear friends, it is never too late to totally surrender your life to God in obedience. Why? Because God continues to knock on the door of your heart just like He has done with me. Praise God! 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you always in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).