Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hope Revived!

For in you, O LORD, do I hope: you will hear, O Lord my God. (Psalm 38:15) 

Take us from our wealth and we are unhindered. Take our health and we are handicapped. Take our purpose and we are slowed, temporarily confused. But take away our hope, and we are plunged into deep darkness . . . stopped dead in our tracks, paralyzed. Wondering, "Why?" Asking, "How much longer? Will this darkness ever end? Does He know where I am?" 

Then the Father says, "That's far enough," and how sweet it is! Like blossoms in the snow, long-awaited color returns to our life. The stream, once frozen, starts to thaw. Hope revives and washes over us. 

Inevitably, spring follows winter. Every year. Yes, including this one. 

The Finishing Touch 

My hope being revived is entirely tied to God's plan and purpose for my life. My only hope for my entire life being revived is exclusively identified in Christ. Jesus gave me a reason to live when He chose to die for my sins. 

My dear friends, can you say the same for your own life? Can you honestly look at yourself in the mirror and come to the same or similar conclusion of your hope being inevitably tied to God's plan and purpose for your life? 

Look at the world around you. Can your hope be revived in those things and people around you? To be honest with myself and all of you, no. I thought I keep it real and honest in this post because so many of us (including me) have kept our hope in the things and people of this world instead of in God and God alone. 

If my hopes and dreams are going to be revived in any way, shape, or form, they have to be inevitably tied to the plans and purposes that God has for my life. There was a time when many of my hopes and dreams have died because I have placed all my hope in the things and people around me instead of in God alone. My dear friends, I am writing this to you because God has a wonderful plan and purpose for your life. Instead of surrendering your hopes and dreams to the things and people of this world, surrender your hopes and dreams to God alone and let Him be the One to resurrect all the hope that has once died in your life. Be encouraged and strengthened in Jesus' name! 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).