Thursday, December 11, 2014

Welcome Wise Rebukes!

Open rebuke is better than hidden love. (Prov. 27:5) 

Hearing a wise person's rebuke is far better than humming 
fool's song. That's the idea. Most of us fail to hear the rebukes of the wise. Sometimes the wise person is a boss who attempts to evaluate our job. At other times it's a parent who pulls us up close, in one of those nose-to-nose encounters, and tells us things we need to hear. But we find such occasions difficult to bear. . . . 

Are we listening to the rebuke of the wise? Sometimes the wise rebuke comes from a former mate. Or the wise person could be a pastor, or a therapist, or a physician, or an attorney. We must be open and willing to learn from rebukes. 

Living on the Ragged Edge 

I remember being rebuked when I was younger and not taking the rebuke very well. That was then and this is now. As I have grown (and continue to grow) in godly wisdom, I have learned that when someone wiser than myself rebukes me, it is because they really care about me and want to keep me on the straight and narrow path to heaven. 

How you respond to a rebuke will indicate to you how mature your really are, especially in Christ. In the process of rebuking someone, you must be mindful of the degree you do rebuke someone. The degree of the rebuke will vary from one person to the next. When rebuking someone, you must take into consideration how far along that person is in their walk with God and the measure of responsibility in that person's life. 

With that said, I want to encourage all of my readers with the following words: 

Welcome wise rebukes! 

If you're thinking why, I highly recommend all of us (including myself) to ask ourselves the following question: Why not? That's a question we all need to ask ourselves when we are in the process of either giving a rebuke to someone we care about or receiving it from someone who actually cares about us. So friends, rebukes are not a bad thing. It's a good thing and necessary for accountability and character transformation. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).