Monday, December 29, 2014

The Blessed Life!

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. (Matt. 5:8) 

What is meant by blessed? Some say it is little more than a synonym for "happy," but it is much deeper than that. . . . The Greek term that is translated "blessed" was used to describe two different conditions. First, it was used to describe the . . . wealthy who, by virtue of their riches, lived above the normal cares and worries of lesser folk. Second, the term was also used to describe the condition of the Greek gods who, because they had whatever they desired, existed in an unbelievable state of well-being, satisfaction, and contentment. . . . 

By repeating the same word to His band of simple-hearted, loyal followers, [Jesus] reassured them the enviable qualities such as delight, contentment, fulfillment, and . . . joy were theirs to claim. . . . He promised that by tossing aside all the extra baggage that accompanies religious hypocrisy and a performance-oriented lifestyle, we will travel the road that leads to inner peace. In doing so, we become "blessed." 

Simple Faith 

I would say that I have lived a blessed life. I can say that because God allows me to wake up every morning. I can also say that because I have a roof over my head and not homeless. I can also say that because I still have a working laptop that is well on its way to turning four years old. I can also say that because God has blessed me to be able to write to all of you through this blog as faithfully as I possibly can. 

Am I going to sit here and tell all of you that my life is blessed in its "fullest" sense? I will openly admit that I'm not and there are still certain pieces of my life that are missing to this day. I often get to tell people that God is indeed faithful and true. There's a reason for that and it can be summed up in one very powerful quote.

"Hope tells me that God can. . . .Faith tells me that God will." 

Those words are so powerful and have forever etched in my heart, mind, and spirit. My dear friends, you can also lived a blessed life no matter what it's looking like in your life right now. Why? Because Hope will tell you that God can and your Faith will tell you that He will take care of you. Do you believe it? Then stop reading this post and tell all of your friends and family that they also have a blessed life. :-)

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).