Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Beauty Of God's Holiness!

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come. (Rev. 4:8) 

We live in a day of pitiful shallow concepts of God. Some of today's contemporary Christian music leaves the impression that God is our buddy---a great pal to have in a pinch. . . . One pop songs asks, "What if God were just a slob like us?" That is not the biblical view of God. That is man's feeble attempt to make God relevant.

Do you hear that cheap twang of such a concept of God? These small ideas of Him diminish the beauty of His holiness. . . . 

The Puritans, that rigorous people of old, possessed a solidly biblical concept of God. Do you know why it is so crucial for us to recover such a respectful understanding? Because a shallow view of God leads to a shallow life. Cheapen God and you cheapen life itself. Treat God superficially, and you become superficial. 

Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication 

The beauty of God's holiness cannot and should not ever be underestimated. I will probably one of the first to admit that I have often approached God with a superficial mentality. As many times I have heard a good message, read my bible, prayed, even fasted, my relationship with God was no better than that of intellectual assent. Have I given intellectual assent to God's holiness? Guilty as charged! 

My dear friends, there are so many of us who go to church on Sundays, sing worship songs, listen to the message that God has for us, among so many other things that we do on Sunday and throughout the week and have never or very rarely given God His rightful place in our lives. I cannot even begin to describe God's holiness. All I can do is bow before Him in reverent humility. When expressing God's holiness, are you approaching His holiness in the manner that is worthy of giving Him ALL the glory, ALL the honor, and ALL the praise? 

This is so much bigger than contemporary Christian music. We must also be very careful of what we read, what we watch, what we do, etc. . . etc. . . I strongly encourage myself and all of you to be vigilant in what we do as Christians so we don't make the mistake of treating God superficially. If we do so, we run the huge risk of making our lives superficial. I can assure myself and all of you that this is the one thing we don't want for ourselves and the people we love most. 

Thank you so much for reading this far and God bless you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).