Saturday, December 13, 2014

Stubborn Sometimes!

Be you not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding. (Psalm 32:9) 

You've heard of God's children referred to as sheep. It isn't a bad picture, all things considered. The image conjures up visions of green pastures, still waters, and a gentle Shepherd, keeping watch over the flock. 

But He also refers to us as mules. Sometimes, I think that's a better analogy. 

Don't be like a balky mule! Don't be stubborn when God speaks. Don't continually fight and resist Him. Don't keep running away from Him so that He can't speak to you. Don't force Him to lasso you before you'll let Him draw near. 

Why do we resist such a magnificent God who loves us? It makes no sense! 

Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication 

Boy oh boy! 

This post is bound to be one of the funniest post I have ever written. The reason for that is I was once known to be one of the most stubborn people anyone has ever known. I must confess, there was a time in my life when I was so stubborn that I would probably make that mule in the picture above look more obedient. . . . :-).

Yes friends, we are without a doubt very stubborn creatures. This is not entirely our fault though. Let me explain. It has a whole lot more to do with the environment we are raised in than our own volition. In our early stages of development and growth, we are conditioned by our parents to respond to life a certain way. Having grown up in a Christian home, I was always taught and encouraged to look at things the way Jesus saw things. There's nothing wrong with the advice. What's wrong is the timing of the advice. I was too young to understand what my mom taught me, but little did I know that those seeds were planted deep within me. To make a long story short, I grew up, got older, surrounding myself with other influences, including those that were not of God and turned into a very stubborn person for a very long time. That stubborness continued long after I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. As a result of the continued stubborness, my life began to fall apart at the seams. A series of events began to happen in my life that would eventually shed all the stubborness away. Don't get me wrong friend. Can I still be stubborn sometimes? Yes. The difference this time is that my stubborn spirit has been redirected against the forces of evil and openly refuse to join ranks with Satan and the things of darkness. With all that said, is it okay to be stubborn sometimes? Yes! Just make sure you are stubborn to those things and people that can (and will) keep you away from God and His kingdom.

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).