Monday, December 1, 2014

Hurried, Harried Homes?!

Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and look well to your herds. (Prov. 27:23) 

What's the atmosphere like in your home these days? . . . Are you in danger of raising a "hurried child?" Capture some time this 
week and take an honest look at the quality of childhood your family lifestyle is providing for your little ones. What will be memorable to your kids when they, as adults, look back on the early years? Will it all seem like a high-pressure blur to them . . . one long breathless marathon? Have you allowed television to snatch up much of your children's unscheduled minutes . . . and hours

Seeking God's wisdom, ask yourselves, "What can we do as mom and dad to encourage our kids to enjoy being kids." Are you creating an atmosphere of relaxation and flexibility . . . or do the words hurry and rigidity better characterize your home? Any plans for a relaxed family vacation in the works? . . . As you plan, remember that childhood is an infinitely precious commodity. Your children will only grow up once. 

Growing Wise in Family Life 

Let me be as frank as I possibly can. I often get alot of questions asking me if I happen to have any children because I have posted family-oriented content in the past. With that said, it's important that everyone who reads this post and any future posts knows that I don't have any children. I'm currently single and look forward to one day getting married as God permits. I have made it a point in my life to always keep an open-mind about the direction God sends me to especially in regards to any possibility of becoming a husband and a father. 

As a little kid, I was brought up in one of those hurried, harried homes. Being the youngest of four children and being born after the third (who happens to be handicapped), little did I know that the home I was brought up in was going to either make me or break me. To further complicate things, my mom happens to be in and out of relationships. In some of those instances, it would usually be the fault of the man that chose to be involved with whenever chaos broke loose. In other instances, it would be her fault because of the lack of wisdom in choosing the right man for her and her children. As a result, our home became a hurried, harried home. 

Now, as a grown-up, single, adult man, I have grown to see family life from God's perspective through His Word. God's Word tells me that I need to be diligent to know the state of my "flock" (family). My attitude has to be such that I must learn how to be a family man before having a family that I can one day call my own. Before God, I have a responsibility to depend on God in such a manner that He will enable me to create an environment in my home that will be the complete opposite of the hurried, harried home described in this post. Am I implying that this home will be the perfect home and role model to all the homes around the world? No. But at the end of the day, it will be made abundant clear that as for me and my house we shall serve the Lord. My dear friends, that should be the goal for our homes and families. Amen? 

Thank you so much for reading this far and God bless you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).