Thursday, November 13, 2014

Your Fingerprints Or God's?!

The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity. (Prov. 10:29) 

You cannot sow a fleshly seed and reap a spiritual plant. You cannot plant a carnal act and grow a spiritual fruit. If you manipulate and connive and 
scheme and lie to get yourself to the top, don't thank God for the promotion! God knows, as you know, that you maneuvered and pulled strings. . . . So when you get that bigger office and the key to the executive washroom, don't give Him the credit. He doesn't want it. Your fingerprints are all over that scheme, not His. 

At times we say to the Lord, "Thanks for that,Father." And the Lord must answer back, "Who? Me? I didn't pull that off. That was your doing." . . . You fudge on your income tax, get a nice refund and thank Him for the extra cash you can give to the building fund. 

It doesn't work that way, friend. He says to you, "This isn't My doing. This is your plan." 

Moises: A Man of Selfless Dedication 

As a little kid, I remember growing up playing with Playdoo. Playdoo was extremely fun because I loved to be able to manipulate the clay into the way I wanted it to be. Whenever I was able to make something very creative, I often took credit for it. The last thing on my mind was to give anyone including God the credit. Obviously, being at the age of when I played with clay of any kind, I was not nearly as accountable as I am today as an adult. 

As an adult, I can no longer put my hands on anything without first giving God the credit. Holding my self accountable to Him, I have to thank Him and praise Him as I acknowledge His role in the overall developments of my life. I also have to thank God for the people He has placed around me. Some of the people He has provided bring comic relief while others provide mentoring to mold mold and shape me into the person I am today. With that said, I often look back at my life and see how far along God has brought me to this point. In spite of all the struggles and victories along the way, I have seen God's fingerprints all over my life up to this very day. 

My dear friends, is your life riddled with God's fingerprints or yours? Have you given credit to God's grace and mercy upon your life to bring you to where He has you today? The way you answer those questions will reveal your pride and self-sufficiency or your dependence on God. 

Thank you for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).