Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sensitive Rather Than Strong!

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. (Eph. 5:25) 

God's goal for us as husbands is to be 
sensitive rather than to prove how strong and macho we are. We need to love our wives, listen to them, adapt to their needs. We need to say no to more and more in our work so we can say yes to more and more in our homes . . . so we can say yes to the needs of our children and our families. (How else will your children learn what it means to be a good husband and father?) 

Mind you, this is not to be a smothering kind of attention---the kind that says a husband is so insecure he cannot let his wife out of his sight. Instead, this is the kind of love that means your wife can't come back fast enough to your arms. 

Hope Again 

I'm still single at the writing of this post. With that said, I'm not going to be able to completely relate with all the married men out there, but what I can relate to is in knowing how to treat the women and children in our lives. As a single man, I have had the blessing and honor of being surrounded by and mentored by many godly married men that have shown me what it was like to be in a Christian marriage. 

Of everything that I have come to learn from these godly men, one piece of advice stuck out from all the rest and have stayed with me till this day: 

"Save your marriage before it starts." 

I have to admit. Those words were a bit trivial to me at first, but my mentor explained to me the reasoning behind having that kind of mentality and why it is so urgent to have that kind of mentality long before getting married and it made so much sense to me after he explained it to me. In the process of being mentored by these men, God has molded me into being more sensitive to women and children as a single man so that when the day comes that I do get married, that same sensitivity will be carried over and enforced in my actual marriage. Jesus was not only strong, but was also sensitive to those around Him. He did not have the macho mentality and it was never necessary for His ministry. To all my male readers and friends, I encourage myself and all of you to be sensitive rather than just strong. It's ok to be strong from time to time, but let us also be sensitive to the women and children around us so we can essentially become the blessing that God has always had in mind for ourselves and others. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).