Friday, November 7, 2014

Humble In Heart!

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls. (Matt. 11:29) 

What is the most Christ-like attitude on earth? Think before you answer too quickly. I am certain many would answer love. That is understandable, for He did indeed love to the uttermost. Others might say patience. Again, not a bad choice. I find no evidence of impatience or anxious irritability as I study His life. Grace would also be a possibility. No man or woman ever modeled or exhibited the grace that He demonstrated right up to the moment He breathed His last. 

As important as those traits may be, however, they are not the ones Jesus Himself  referred to when He described Himself for the only time in Scripture. . . . "I am gentle and humble in heart . . ." (Matt. 11:29), . . . which might best be summed up in the one word unselfish. According to Jesus' testimony, that is the most Christ-like attitude we can demonstrate. 

Laugh Again 

Are you humble at heart?  

That's a fair question to ask. All of us, including myself can often put on an act of humility that can make us seem pious in the eyes of our brothers and sisters in Christ whenever we are with them online or offline. I can oftentimes come across as someone that is humble, but am I? Am I humble in a manner that is worthy of bringing honor and glory to God's name? 

I often ask myself those questions and many more because I want to be assured that I will one day stand before God and be found worthy of walking in through those pearly gates into heaven. As Christians, our very essence should be of humility. Not love. Not grace. Not peace. None of those things, but humility. Jesus was humble at heart. Jesus knew how to respond to His adversaries with humility. Jesus knew how to reveal the essence of His humility when ministering in public and in His private life. Can we honestly look at ourselves in the mirror and say the same to ourselves? My dear friends, humility, not pride, should have a place in our hearts. We are to be humble in heart in everything we say and do. 

Are you serious about winning souls for Jesus? Then you need to be humble in heart. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).