Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Message For The Marketplace!

Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with your might. (Eccl. 9:10) 

I'm just maverick enough to say that I think fewer Christians ought to be going into the ministry and more should be going into business and into occupations that have nothing to do with the 
vocational Christian service. I don't see life divided into public and private, secular and sacred. It's all an open place of service before our God. My hope is to see . . . a group of Christians who will infiltrate our society---in fact, our entire world---with a pure, beautiful message of grace and honesty in the marketplace. 

Recently I had a delightful talk with a keen-thinking young man . . . at our church. As we visited, I asked him about his future plans. "Well, I've just graduated from law school," he said. When I asked about how he hoped to use his training, he said, "I want to be a man of integrity who practices law." What refreshing words! They reflected the right priority. 

Simple Faith 

There is definitely a place for lifting up the name of Jesus in the marketplace. To be very honest, the name of Jesus should be lifted higher in the marketplace because that is where we spend the majority of our day. Most people in the United States spend an average of forty hours a week working a their place of employment in contrast to just a couple of hours at church. 

Given the downward spiral of our culture today, as Christians, we need to be bold and courageous in lifting up the name of Jesus in the marketplace, but with the awareness that it starts at home. When I used to be employed in the security field, I often witness to other about Jesus. I was often amazed at how God would work in the lives of others because we happen to be working in a field in where we were responsible for the lives of the people around us from loved ones to total strangers. 

The secular guard would place an emphasis on the physical and mental aspects of their work whereas the Christian guard where place an emphasis on all of the above including most especially the spiritual aspect of why they do what they do in their work. Given the nature of the security field, the message of Jesus in this part of the marketplace is especially critical as well as incorporating Jesus into every single other area of the marketplace. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).