Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Joyful Heart!

You have put gladness in my heart. (Psalm 4:7) 

We need to lighten up! Yes, spirituality and fun do go well together. Scripture speaks directly to this issue, you know: "A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, but when the heart is sad the spirit is broken" (Prov. 15:13). . . . 

We're not talking about about a person's face here as much as we are about the heart. Internal joy 
goes public. We can't hide it. The face takes its cue from an inside signal. 

A well-developed sense of humor reveals a well-balanced personality. . . .The ability to get a laugh out of everyday situations is a safety valve. It rids us of tensions and worries that could otherwise damage our health. 

You think I'm exaggerating the benefits? If so maybe you've forgotten another proverb: "A joyful heart is good medicine . . ." (Prov. 17:22). What is it that brings healing to the emotions, healing to the soul? A joyful heart! 

Living Above the Level of Mediocrity 

"I have a joy, joy, joy, joy, joy in my heart. Joy in my heart...joy in my heart. I have a joy, joy, joy, joy, joy in my heart. Joy in my heart today." 

It's amazing how this popular Sunday School song still holds true to us today so many years later. Little did we know back then that those words will be ringing so true in our lives today. Being able to find joy in the midst of trying times provides us with the relief of weathering the storms of life. It has numerous benefits to benefit from. 

Having a joyful heart makes everyone around you feel more at ease. I remember being on my first flight to Ohio shortly after 9/11. There was alot of tension among the other passengers because of the close proximity of the terror attacks and the possibility for more terrorist attacks. An unusual peace came upon me during the time when I was in the plane. All I can do is smile and continue to greet some of the people along the way to my seat. Once I made myself comfortable, a young couple sat at the two seats next to mine since I had the window seat. It wasn't long after the plane took off and we were already well over 20,000 feet in the air when I was asked the following question: "How can you be so calm?" My answer to that question was a simple one. "I have joy in my heart." 

My dear friends, having joy in the middle of chaos can oftentimes be a very difficult thing to do. While everyone else on board were either uncertain about their flight, I had the certainty that God was with me in that flight and He has been with me in every single other flight that I have been on ever since. I can never take the joy God has given me for granted because it is from that joy that I was able to find the peace and assurance that God has and will continue to take care of me regardless of the circumstances around us. Be encouraged and joyful my friends! :-) 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).