Friday, October 24, 2014

We Want Relief!

I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my supplications.  Because he has inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. (Psalms 116:1-2) 

Do you ever find 

yourself  saying something like this? "Lord, I give You my life,but I'm weary to death of this irritation, this person, this circumstance, this uncomfortable situation. I feel trapped, Lord. I want relief---I must have relief! And if you don't bring it soon . . . well, I've had it. I feel like walking away from it all." 

You may walk, my friend, but there are no shortcuts. Here's a better plan: Reach for the hand of your Guide! He is Lord of the desert. Even your desert. The most precious object of God's love is His child in the desert. If it were possible, you mean more to Him during this time than at any other time. . . . You are His beloved student taking His toughest courses. He loves you with an infinite amount of love. 

Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication 

Relief is right around the corner friends! 

Yes friends, relief can be found in Jesus. Right here. Right now. All you have to do is ask Him into your life. Jesus is the oasis in the middle of the desert when no other relief can be found. People often look for relief by being around other people and there's nothing wrong with that. Looking for relief in other places other than Jesus can create major problems if we run to other people or things before running to Him. 

As it says in the above devotional, Jesus is the Lord of your desert and my desert. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it my friends. There will never be any shortcuts in this lifetime when it comes to finding relief from the pain, the struggles, the persecutions, the forthcoming tribulations that will befall everyone who serves the Lord in spirit and in truth. 

My dear friends, relief can be found in Jesus and only in Him alone. Relief has been found in Jesus by the Iraqi Christians that have been put to death by ISIS. There is Christian persecution as well as Jewish anti-semitism in different pockets around the globe. In each of those instances, there are Jewish and Christians alike who love Jesus and serve Him faithfully that had to find relief in Him before persecution came upon them. My hope and prayer is that we will be reminded continuously of the persecution that presently exists and great tribulation to come. I'm confident in the Lord that this reminder will serve notice not only to my readers, but to the countless of other people who will be exposed to these words. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).