Sunday, October 12, 2014

The End Of The Story!

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: Wisdom is good with an inheritance: For wisdom is a defense, and money is a defense: (Eccl. 7:8, 11, 12)


"The end of a matter is better than its beginning." That makes sense doesn't it? You see, the end of a matter is maximum reality. Those little idealistic dreams have ended. The whole truth is on display. . . . The complete picture has developed. Once we reach the end, we know the whole story, and that is better than the beginning of a matter where desires lack substance. 

I had a grandfather tell me recently that he plans to put a lot of his thoughts on a cassette tape because, he said, "I don't know how long I'm gonna live and I don't know how long I'll have my mind, so I'm gonna record some important counsel and let my grandchildren listen to it later on." 

The most influential man in my life was my mother's father. I can still hear his wise counsel. Such counsel is better than most advice given to a child because it is end-of-the-matter information coming from one who has been seasoned with wisdom. 

Living on the Ragged Edge 

Life comes and goes. That's a fact. Stories start and stories end.

How would you like your life story to end? The ending of our life story will be largely determined by the way we live our lives right now. Is our life story going to end with a legacy that will honor God and bring glory to His name? Or is our life story going to be fulfilled in such a manner that will bring shame and disappointment to everyone that we have come across? 

I encourage all of you to think long and hard about the above questions. Why? Because eternity is at stake! We have people who live their lives every single day without giving much thought to the eternal ramifications of their lifestyle. 

My dear friends, as Christians, we are called to be evangelists of the Gospel. Not because we have a specific calling (even though that may be the case for some of us), but because we have a mandate before God to bring awareness of the prophetic events that are happening around the world that point to Jesus' Second Coming. Ask them the following question: 

How would you like your story to end? 

That should get them thinking! :-) 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-)