Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Dad's Greatest Gift!

Hear, you children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. (Prov. 4:1) 

Dad, is it possible you've gotten overly committed, so involved in your work or some away-from-home project or hobby that it is draining your time and energy with your 

family? I understand, believe me, I do. . . .

Instead of challenging fathers to give of themselves, our cultural system encourages them to give the stuff their increased salaries can buy---a better education, a membership at the club, material possessions, nicer homes, extra cars. . . . But what about dad himself? And that priceless apprenticeship learned in his presence? . . . It's gotten lost in the shuffle. . . . 

C'mon, dads, let's lead a revolt! Let's refuse to take our cues from the system any longer. Let's start saying no more and more of the things that pull us farther and farther away from the ones who need us the most. Let's remember that the greatest earthly gifts we can provide are our presence and influence while we live and a magnificent memory of our lives once we're gone. 

Growing Wise in Family Life 

Having been brought into this world without an earthly father present has made this particular post very personal to me. I'm confident in the Lord that there are many men out there who read this post that may be able to relate to my fatherless plight. With that said, I'm not writing this to make this about me, but I want to write to all the dads in the different parts of the world. 

Dads, God has enabled you to provide to your children the invaluable and priceless gift of your presence. You play a major role in the overall development of not only your children, but your entire household. You have the ability to influence your household and the households of many others. Your presence or the lack thereof will either make or break your home. 

There is no greater privilege of being a godly dad and husband and being the vessel that God chooses to use to influence this world for Christ. Your example will serve as a reminder to all of us who aspire to become a dad one day. The world's magnifying glass is upon you as you read these words and live out your life to please God and bring glory to His name. I pray for all the dads out there, godly and ungodly alike. I pray that God will raise a new standard in their lives in such a manner that they will be able to influence policy from their house to the White House. Dad,you know who you are. 

I want to thank every single dad as well as all of my faithful readers for reading this far! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).