Thursday, September 4, 2014

When God Says It Will Be, It Will Be!

I know that you can do everything, and that no thought can be withheld from you. (Job 42:2) 

"No purpose of Yours can be thwarted." Remember that conclusion. . . . When God says it will be done, it will be done. If it makes me unhappy? It makes me unhappy. If it hurts? It hurts. If it ruins my reputation? It ruins my reputation. . . . 

You want to know who's in charge around here? The One who called the spaces into being, the One who put the clouds in place, the One who established the atmosphere in which we're able to live, the One who separated the seas and the dry land, who gave you breath for your lungs and the ability to think. The One who placed you here, now in time, for His purpose, and the One who with the snap of His divine finger will pull you from life into eternity. Mysterious though our lives may seem, God, and God alone, is in charge. 

The Mystery of God's Will 

I'll admit. We do live in uncertain times. And as time continues to fly by, our minds have the tendency to want to make things happen in a "microwave second". That microwave mentality compels us to want to take matters into our own hands and not wait on God and trust Him to allow it to happen. 

I get it. It's a whole lot easier said than done when it comes to trusting God with the details of our lives. At the "tender" age of forty, one can only imagine what runs through my mind when someone asks me when I'm going to get married. In the process of being asked that question then the comment is made that I have about "five more years" left before any chance of getting married can happen. 

Every time I'm told anything like that, I often take it into prayerful consideration and continue to seek God's mind in this matter. So what do I do in the meantime? I simply focus on seeking God's face (not just His hand) as I faithfully serve Him and anyone He places in my life along the way. I have been blessed with knowing confidently that God is sovereign and will always be in charge (and in control) of my life. 

My dear friends, I strongly encourage all of you (and me) to continuously recognize God's presence in our lives and will for our lives. If there is a particular area of your life that is currently unfulfilled, always remind yourself that "when God says it will be, it will be." His Word and will for our lives will always supersede our own. I will be joining all of you in asking God to help deliver us from any pride and independence and break any yoke of sin over our lives so we can shine in His righteousness and be grounded in humility. God is indeed Faithful and True! 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!. . . . :-).