Friday, September 12, 2014

The Power Of Reconciliation!

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (Matt. 6:14) 

We cannot be right with God until we are right with one another. 

The power of reconciliation  is stronger than revenge. It is amazing how forgiveness unloads the weapon in the other person's hand. When you reconcile with your brother or sister, it is amazing what it does in both hearts. It is like having your nervous system flushed out. It is like getting over a longstanding fever and cleansing the corruption that has been diseasing your mind. You don't need an attorney for that. You probably don't need a minister or counselor, either. You just need humility. To put it straight, in the final analysis you need guts. Don't wait any longer. 

Keep it simple---go and make it right. 

Simple Faith 

Forgiveness can often be the most difficult thing to do. But let's be honest, it's a must if we want to experience healing on every level. I used to be the type of person that whenever someone has done me wrong, I would usually end up holding a grudge with that person. Back then, I was totally ignorant about the reality of what holding grudges do to people long-term. I have learned the hard way that being vengeful has resulted in me experiencing even more pain spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and even physically. 

As a result, other areas of my life have been negatively impacted due to unresolved resentment and walking around with a vengeful spirit. After many, many years of being counseled by godly men my perspective on forgiveness has slowly, but surely changed. For starters, I had to ask God to forgive me of being a pretentious christian while harboring non-christian values. Secondly, I also had to learn to forgive myself. I will admit that this was even more challenging than anything else I had to do in the process of reconciliation. Last, but not least, I had to go to the person (or people) that committed the offense and forgive them privately or even publicly. 

Regardless of the manner that you proceed in the process of reconciliation, always remember that the process will humble you, but more importantly, heal you. Not only will you be healed, but everyone else that is caught up in the process of forgiveness will also be healed. God has already forgiven us. We owe it to Him as well as everyone we come into contact with. God is indeed Faithful and True friends! 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).