Thursday, August 7, 2014

Your Work Is Not In Vain!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Gal. 6:9) 

Someone once counted all the promises in the Bible and came up with an amazing figure of almost 7500. Among that large number are some specific promises God's servants can claim today. Believe me, there are times when the only thing that will keep you going is a promise from God that your work is not in vain. 

When we have done what was needed, but were ignored, misunderstood, or forgotten . . . we can be sure it was not in vain. 

When we did what was right, with the right motive, but received no credit, no acknowledgement, nor even a "thank you" . . . we have God's promise that "we will reap." 

The Finishing Touch

Between my mom and grandparents, I have been blessed with their efforts to teach me how to be a hard worker and give God my 100% in everything I do regardless of what God enables me to do. Developing a hard work ethic hasn't always come easy to me on my end. Lots of times, I needed some hand-holding to get me through those times when I had lacked confidence in myself or in God helping me get through the process. 

As I made it through the growing pains, God continued to surround me with other people who were more mature in life and faith than I was. As a result of having those people in my life, I would consistently received the encouragement and reminder that the work I did will never be done in vain. Even when I experienced failure in my life, God has always been there for me and always reminded me that He has a plan in it all. 

The failures we experience in life should never dictate who we are in Christ. We must always be reminded and encouraged that the work we do unto God will never be done in vain regardless of whether we receive human recognition or not. As nice as it it to be recognized by our peers in the ministry or at work, we must always keep in mind that it is God that we ultimately want to please and receive recognition from. My hope and pray for all of my readers and the people you share the contents of my blog with is that we will seek God and surround ourselves with godly friends and family so we can always be reminded of God's sovereign plan for our lives as well as always be reminded that the work we do will never, never be in vain. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).