Sunday, August 31, 2014

Safe In God's Hands!

Yet will I not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you upon the palms of my hands. (Isa. 49:15-16) 

"The Lord has forsaken me . . . He has walked away . . . He has totally forgotten me." Ever said that? Of course you have! How about on Monday morning? You've just come off a glorious weekend retreat. Time in the Word. Great worship. . . . Lots of laughter. Meaningful prayer. . . . Then comes eight o'clock Monday morning back home, and your whole world caves in. "The Lord's forgotten me. He's completely left the scene." 

But God says, "You are written on the palms of My hands. You are continually  before Me." . . . 

Stop and glance at the palms of your hand. Now, imagine they are God's hands and that you are right there. . . . Our ways remain continually before Him. Not one fleeting moment of life goes by without His knowing exactly where we are, what we're doing, and how we're feeling. 

Elijah: A Man of Heroism & Humility 

In today's chaotic world, there is not a greater place to be than to be in God's hands. I cannot even begin to recount the number of times that God has delivered me from certain death and numerous of precarious situations of my own doing or those beyond my control. I often say that God is indeed Faithful and True. Those words have come true in my life in so many different ways. 

I'm confident in the Lord that many of you can relate to God's hand being upon your life to shield you from harm as well. God's hand is not only there to shield us from harm, it is also there to guide us and direct in the way we should go. God's hand often manifests itself in the form of the people that God surrounds us with. God's hand can often be seen in the advice that our friends and family gives us. 

With that said, anytime we don't heed the advice given to us and choose to go about our own way instead of the way God wants us to go, we unknowingly "smack" the safety of God's hand. My dear friends, is it a wise decision to knowingly or unknowingly release yourself from the safety of God's hand? No. But God's grace and mercy is sufficient and that is where we still find comfort in knowing that God's hand will always keep us safe. 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).