Saturday, August 23, 2014

Get Eternity Securely In Place!

He has made every thing beautiful in its time: also he has put eternity in men’s hearts, so that no man can find out the work that God does from the beginning to the end. (Ecc. 3:11) 

God has put eternity in our hearts. What in the world does that mean? Well, let me help you with the key word---eternity. Let's expand it to mean, "curiosity about our future."  

God has put within every human being's heart a curiosity about tomorrow . . . an eternal capacity that prompts me to probe, to be intrigued, to search. That explains why your child---just about the time that little fella or gal starts to run around the house and talk---begins to ask questions about tomorrow, about life, and about life beyond. . . . It's the way God made human beings. God has not put eternity  in the heart of animals, only into the hearts of men and women. And since that is true, since we will not find out about tomorrow without God, our pursuit must be of Him. 

Living on the Ragged Edge 

Eternity is firmly in place and there are two locations to choose from. Heaven and hell. Where you spend eternity is entirely up to you and is largely determined w you choose to serve and the way you live out your life in contrast to God's Word, both written and spoken. 

Very few people ever give serious thought about eternity and where they could spend eternity. In light of all the global events that is happening around the world today and the crisis that is surrounding the Christian church today, eternity is creeping ever closer now more than ever. 

With all the "madness" around us, have you given some serious thought to your place in eternity? As I write this post, I think about my Christian brothers and sister in the Ukraine with the looming possibility of civil war and a potential invasion of Russia. On top of that, we have NATO making preparations for a possible war with Russia. 

Is it any coincidence that the Day of the Lord is quickly approaching? No, not at all. All the events that we hear and read about online and offline is quickly leading up to the day when everyone (that includes me) will have to make a decision about where they will end up spending eternity. I often ask myself, if something tragic were to happen to me, where would I spend eternity? Only I can answer that question. Can I make an early determination about where I spend eternity? Yes. That kind of determination can be made in light of the way I choose to live out my life and what type of legacy I leave behind for my family and friends. If my aim and purpose is to point people to Christ by becoming an example of Christ before He comes, then I have in effect determined where I will spend eternity. In essence, my eternity is securely set in place. It will not be exclusively because of anything that I do. That's only part of it. It has a whole lot more to do with what Jesus did for me and Who He is. 

My dear friends, do you know of anyone that has yet to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so because eternity will be securely in place regardless. As Christians, our goal is to secure heaven not only for ourselves, but for those that we love and care about. We don't want to secure the eternal place called hell. No way! As sobering as this post can be, there's no doubt in my mind, heart, and Spirit that this post will encourage you and spur you on to become an evangelist of the Gospel to the four corners of YOUR world. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).