Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Sovereign Potter!

But now, O LORD, you are our father; we are the clay, and you our potter; and we all are the work of your hand. (Isa. 64:8) 

By now in our Christian walk we hardly need the reminder that life is not a cloud-nine utopia. It is a terribly unrealistic view to think that Christ helps you live happily ever after; it's downright unbiblical! Most of life is learning and growing, falling and getting back up, forgiving and forgetting, accepting and going on. 

We know the sovereign Potter is working with our clay as He pleases. I've watched a few potters at work. And it's a funny thing. I have seen them suddenly mash the clay down and start over again. Each time they do this, the clay comes out looking entirely different. And with gifted potters, they can start over and over---and each time it's better and better. 

He is the Potter, we are the clay. He is the one who gives the commands; we are the ones who obey. . . . He is shaping us over into the image of His Son. 

Day by Day with Charles Swindoll 

There's not an ounce of doubt that God is the Sovereign Potter of my life. I have seen God's hand come in and out of my life on numerous occasions throughout my life. I have seen His hand in the good, the bad, and the ugly. God's hand has molded in so many different ways under various circumstances. When times are extremely good to me, His hand has would incubate me with lots of tender love and care as He would smooth out the parts of me that was gradually hardening. 

When times were both bad and ugly, He would continuously break me down and rebuild me slowly, but surely. It was (and is) during those times when God's purifying fire would harden the glaze and provide a brilliant, glossy look to my character. Any blemishes that have been found in my life would be removed by fire. It is only by fire where we would be tried. How we respond to the fire in our lives will determine the quality of our character. 

My dear friends, what is the quality of your character? Has God Himself been the Sovereign Potter of your life? Have you allowed Him to mold you and make you into the image of His one and only Son? These questions are there to encourage you into drawing yourself into a closer relationship with God. A relationship where hope, faith, trust and a number of other qualities can be brought forth when God's hand is actively involved in your life regardless of what it looks like at the presence moment. God loves you so much and longs to be as actively involved in all of our lives as possible. Remember friends, He is sovereign!

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).