Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Take It By Faith!

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa. 55:9) 

Despite all of our searching and all of our study of the Scriptures, we'll never be able to see everything clearly, to fully grasp and understand and answer all the questions. They are beyond our comprehension---a puzzle, a mystery. 

In Keep a Quiet Heart, Elisabeth Elliott says, "Today is mine. Tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future, I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of me now."

Much of what happens in life we simply have to take by faith. Answers will not be forthcoming. These are the tensions of reality, and if we get marooned on the tensions, we will not be able to travel further. That is as our heavenly Father planned it. 

The Mystery of God's Will 

Hebrews 11:1 tells us the following. . . . 

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

I'm a very hopeful person. So hopeful that with God by my side, I can overlook my present circumstances with the faith and expectation that God will enable me to fulfill the divine plan He has for my life. I have learned after so many years to always speak things into my life by faith. Even when it looks like my circumstances will never change, my faith continues to grow and grow. 

There will be moments when our faith will be stretched to the point of questioning God's involvement in our lives. I have personally been there many times. I have often wondered if God truly cares about me. There were millions of questions in my mind and I was continuously bombarding God with them. As the years passed and there have been very little to no changes happening in certain areas of my life, my faith went from passive to more aggressive. 

Yes friends, my faith grew more aggressive with each passing day, week, month, and year.  Let's just say that my faith has gone beyond the passive to a stubborn-like faith. When I stubborn faith, the closest example I can think of off the top of my head would be the kind of faith that Jacob exercised when he fought the angel for his blessing to the point that his hip was dislocated in the fiasco. That kind of faith is very revealing from the perspective that Jacob truly cared about receiving the blessing almost to the point of paying the price of the faith with his life. 

My dear friends, are you willing to pay the price of your life for this kind of faith? Are you willing to let go of the political correctness of the society we live in to live out your life with stubborn faith? All of us (including myself) need to act like the way Jacob acted for the blessings God has for our lives. The more radical (and stubborn) our faith is, the more radical (and miraculous) our blessings will become. What it really boils down to is how bad we want that blessing that God has for us. How bad do you want the blessing God has for you? 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in your quest to grow in faith and to take life BY FAITH!JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).