Saturday, July 12, 2014

Our Will Or God's Will?!

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go. (Psalm 32:8) 

Following the will of God requires faith and action, which in turn call for risk and release. This is where things get very personal; this is where we persevere and flesh out the will of God. 

I have come to the conclusion: Doing the will of God is rarely easy and uncomplicated. Instead, it is often difficult and convoluted. Or. . . mysterious. Because we don't know where He is taking us, we must bend our will to His---and most of us are not all that excited about bending. We'd much prefer resisting. That's why Christian life is often such a struggle. I don't mean that it's a constant marathon of misery. It's just a struggle between our will and His will. Someday, when we are caught up with the Lord in glory, we finally be all the things we have longed to be. Until then, we live in this never-ending tension of give and take, push and pull. 

The Mystery of God's Will

Following God's will has to be by far the most difficult thing anyone can do during their Christian walk. God's will usually opposes our will and that is the part that can easily frustrate us. Acknowledging His will, as well as living out His will in a timely manner can be very complicated and difficult to understand at times. The mystery of God's can be as plain as black and white as well as very elusive too. 

I will admit, following God's will in contrast to my own can be both very exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I will openly admit that I have sought out my own will over His will on many different occasions. As a result, I have always found myself in a rut because of my ignorance in understanding God's will for my life. By God's grace and His grace alone, I have developed a better understanding of God's will for my life. Yes, His grace was most evident during the times that I had experienced the greatest amount of trial and error. 

My dear friends, don't let the enemy of your soul (Satan) attempt to pull you away from God's perfect will in your life. God has a wonderful plan for you and your family. Don't let the trials and errors of life discourage you from seeking His will for your life. Don't make the same mistake I made in leaning on my own will! God's will will always override our will every time. His will always knows best. We could never have it any other way. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).