Sunday, July 20, 2014

Great-Hearted Souls!

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Matt. 5:9) 

Peacemakers release tension, they don't intensify it. Peacemakers seeks solutions and find no delight in arguments. Peacemakers calm the waters,  they don't trouble them. Peacemakers work hard to keep an offense from occurring. And if it has occurred, they strive for resolution. Peacemakers lower their voices rather than raise them. Peacemakers generate more light than heat. Blessed are such great-hearted souls! . . . 

Make no mistake, however; peacemaker is not a synonym for appeaser. This is not peace at any price. There are limits. . . . Smiling at wrongdoing or erroneous teaching doesn't simplify life; it complicates it. 

When Christ blessed the peacemakers, He was extolling the value of doing all we can to maintain harmony and support unity. His interest was in making peace where peace is an appropriate objective. 

Simple Faith 

Are you a great-hearted soul? 

This is a question I often ask myself. Not because I have doubts of having  a great heart. In my mind, heart, and spirit, there are absolutely no doubts about who I am in Christ. There have been numerous occasions where I was given the chance to be a peacemaker. That opportunity to be the peacemaker often presented itself during the hardest times of my life.

Before making peace with others, we must first make peace with ourselves. Have you made peace with yourself? Has there ever been a moment in either the distant or recent past that has prevented you from being able to forgive yourself and as result not find peace in yourself? To be very honest, there will never be enough space in this post to go in depth on this subject matter. With that said, I'm confident in the Lord that beyond the couple of questions that I have asked, God will enable you to probe into those questions in your quest for peace in not only your life, but so that you can become the peacemaker in the lives of those around you. 

My dear friends, we must make every effort with God's grace to become peacemakers. Peacemaking of any kind, whether it's with ourselves or with someone else or even as a third party is a very serious matter and never to be taken lightly. Being a peacemaker requires God's grace. I encourage all of my readers to ask God for the grace to be the peacemaker Jesus has encouraged us in His Word  accordance with Matthew 5:9.  Are you willing to be that peacemaker?

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).