Tuesday, July 8, 2014

God Made Me!

For you have formed my inward parts: you have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:13-14) 

The word formed literally means "originated or created." God reached into my life when I was merely a tiny embryo and began to shape me within. He originated me. He began to put me together while I was still in the soft silence of my mother's womb. It was there my "inward parts" were originated by God. . . . 

The nine-month interweaving work of  God included my likes and dislikes, my personality as well as my perspective on life. . . . 

As I analyze my body and see the way I have been put together, I join the psalmist in praise and gratitude to God, my Creator. . . . 

Mother Nature didn't make me. Fate did not shape me, neither was I just a biological combination of mother and dad in a moment of sexual passion. Nor was I conceived through blind chance. You, God (and no other), made me! 

Growing Wise in Family Life 

To be honest, this post has the potential of being one of the most personal posts I have ever written (and may ever write). I happen to be born on December 18, 1973. This was the year that the whole abortion debate was born. This was also the year where the subject of abortion was brought to trial through a case called Roe v. Wade. 

It was during the Roe v. Wade trial where abortion became legalized. Without getting too far into the subject, abortion is essentially the killing of a fetus during the very early stages of a woman's pregnancy. The legalization of abortion comes into play when the woman who chooses to go through with this has been violated in some way, shape, or form (rape is an example). 

In the eyes of God and those of us who are loyal followers of Jesus Christ, the life of every human being begins at the fetus, maybe sooner. Aborting a child at any stage of conception is considered murder in the eyes of God. Does that imply that God is not capable of forgiving those who have gone through with such a horrendous act? No. God is indeed capable of forgiving those people and I'm confident in Him that He has and will continue to do so. However, this does not mean that there will not be any consequences of such acts. Since 1973, there have been over 60 million babies killed. This is over ten times the amount of Jews that was killed during the Holocaust (6 million). 

My dear friends, it's about time that we all begin to recognize that God has made us with the intent and purpose of fulfilling the plan that God has laid out for our lives. God has made us with the precision and care that only He can have. God has made me to express the love of Jesus to everyone who reads the words of this post and every other post before and after this one. God has made me to bring eternal value into your life and for you to do the same in the lives of those around you. God has made you because you are loved, valued, and cared for. There are millions of other reasons God has made us. Wow! What a comforting thought!

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).