Friday, July 18, 2014

A Dead-End Road!

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Prov. 16:18) 

What is it that drives us on so relentlessly? Are you ready? Take a deep breath and allow yourself to to tolerate the one-word answer: PRIDE. We work and push and strive so we can prove we are worthy . . . we are the best . . . we deserve top honors. And the hidden message: I can gain righteousness all on my own, by my own effort, ingenuity, and energy. And because I can, I must! And why is this heretical? Because ultimately this philosophy says: (1) I really don't need divine righteousness (after all, God helps those who help themselves, right?), and (2) I will find lasting joy in my own achievement. This will bring me ultimate  satisfaction. 

Both are dead-end roads found on Fantasy Island. 

Laugh Again 

There is absolutely nothing good about dead-ends. Dead-end roads impede progress. All of us at one time or another have run into a dead-end road. Chances are, we have lost our moral and spiritual compass and as a result have lost our sense of direction along this truly adventurous path of wisdom. 

When our righteousness is centered in self, we will not only be hopelessly lost, but we will continuously run into one dead-end road after another. God's righteousness is our ultimate GPS. His righteousness has a greater vantage point than any altitude we can achieve. 

In your travels down the path of wisdom, who's righteousness are you totally dependent on to get you to where you need to go? Is it God's righteousness? Or is it your righteousness? Keep in mind friends, our own righteousness is centered in pride. And pride will always be the source of our downfall. 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!. . . . :-).