Monday, June 2, 2014

Seeking Success!

When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom. (Prov. 11:2) 

We are a success-saturated society. The tell-tale signs are everywhere. Each year dozens of books and magazines, scores of audio and video tapes, and hundreds of seminars offer ideas, motivation, techniques, and promises of prosperity. 

Curiously, however, few ever address what it is most folks want (but seldom find) in their pursuit of success: contentment, fulfillment, satisfaction, and relief. . . . 

At the risk of sounding ultra-simplistic, I'd like to offer some counsel to those seeking success. . . . 

First, submit yourself to those who are wise. . . . 
Second, humble yourself under God's mighty hand. . . . 
Third, throw yourself on the mercy and care of God. 

The Finishing Touch 

Success can be very elusive. But success is anything, but objective. It's more subjective as the definition of success will vary from person to person. Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong in seeking success. As a matter of fact, seeking success will reveal to all of us that we are not only driven and goal-oriented, but ambitious as well. 

As I know that I love to reach to the heavens in pursuit of success, I also know that I must remain grounded by keeping my two feet on the ground. Being grounded in humility is what will keep my ambitions in check. My hope and prayer is to become one of the most successful evangelists ever. There is no doubt that God continues to season me and prepare me with global evangelism in mind. 

Being deeply-rooted in humility will definitely help us to stay grounded in Christ and be able to approach success with a godly outlook and not just from some type of self-help fad, book, or seminar. As Christians, we can encourage others to be successful and experience exponential success while remaining grounded in Christ. Philippians 4:13 tells us that with Christ, ALL things are possible. If you honestly believe that with ALL your heart, soul, and mind, then you are on your way to achieving not just any kind of success, but GODLY SUCCESS

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!. . . . :-).