Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Magnificent Relief!

I acknowledged my sin unto you, and my iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. (Psalm 32:5) 

Like a cool, cleansing shower on a hot, sweaty day, God's forgiveness washes away not only sins but their tormenting guilt. God goes into the depths of our inner being and provides that magnificent relief that only He can bring: PEACE. . . . 

If you are harboring some sin---if you are keeping hidden a few secret regions of wrong---don't expect to enjoy freedom from guilty, child of God. There is an unspoken axiom threaded through Scripture: secret sin cannot coexist with inner peace. Peace returns only when our sins are fully confessed and forsaken. Few grinds are more galling than the grind of an unforgiven conscience. It's awful! And few joys are more relieving than having our sins forgiven. It's wonderful! 

Living Beyond the Daily Grind  

Relief is a commodity that we can never put a price tag on. Relief is a necessary human element to help navigate through the stressful moments of life. So many of us are willing to weather through the various storms that life has to throw our way as long as we know there is some kind of relief in sight. Right?

What would happen if there was absolutely no relief in sight and we go through extended periods of time with absolutely no relief of any kind. Weathering life without relief for extended periods of time will radically change your environment around you and your inward character. My dear friends, magnificent relief can never be found anywhere nor anyone else, except Jesus Himself. 

This brings up a very important question. . . . 

Have you found magnificent relief in Christ? 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!. . . . :-).