Friday, May 9, 2014

Considering Quitting?!

Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. . . For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matt. 11: 28, 30) 

Every achievement worth remembering is stained with the blood of diligence and scarred by the wounds of disappointment. To quit, to run, to escape, to hide----none of these options solve anything. They only postpone the acceptance of, and reckoning with, reality. 

Churchill put it well: "Wars are not won by evacuations." . . . 

Giving thought to giving up?
Considering the possibility of quitting? . . . 
Don't! . . . The only time the Lord ever used the word "easy" was when He referred to a yoke.

Day by Day with Charles Swindoll 

I have never been the quitting type. I'm competitive in everything from video games to debating everyday topics. Have I ever considered quitting? Most definitely, but never had the stomach to go through with it. I have had plenty of moments when I would decline from getting involved from anything competitive. 

As I grew older, I have learned to funnel my competitive spirit to a very narrow target. I'm no longer competitive about sports as I once used to be, but can be from time to time. I thank God for instilling in me the determination to never quit regardless of the situation or circumstances. Now, my "never quit" attitude is exclusively focused on what really matters in life. 

My dear friends, all of us are at different stages in our lives. No matter where we are in our relationship with God, never quit on Him regardless of your endeavor and the path you have chosen because God will never quit on you. Have you ever thought about quitting on a particular project that has been given to you? Have you run into a very difficult relationship that already has you wondering about whether you should quit? Whatever it is that is begging you to quit before a breakthrough happens, don't quit and ask God to help you through the situation that confronts you in Jesus' mighty name! 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to     bless you and keep you in your pursuit to develop that never-quit-attitude! Always remember friends. . . . JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!. . . . :-).