Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Riddles Of Life!

By his spirit he has adorned the heavens; his hand has pierced the fleeing serpent. Lo, these are only parts of his ways: and how little a whisper is heard of him? But the thunder of his power who can understand? (Job 26:13-14) 

There are numerous riddles in life that remain wrapped in mystery and shrouded inside an enigma. The sea, for example, is an unexplainable phenomenon. Who can fathom its tide affected strangely by the moon . . . ?

We manage to continue on, though brilliant scientists have been trying to solve and/or explain life's mysteries for years. . . . But when God leaves us with a mystery that isn't solved in a week or two, most of us go through desperate struggles believing that He is good or fair. I mean, after all, if we're going to trust God, He should do only good things, right? No fair doing mysterious stuff! 

The Bible that I read simply doesn't present that as the way life is. Yet the world I live in seems to expect that. And that's certainly the cynic's line: "You mean to tell me you are going to trust a God who treats you like that?" When will we ever learn that cynics have no capacity to understand the profound and unfathomable ways of God? 

Living on the Ragged Edge 

There's no doubt that life can be confusing from time to time. There are moments throughout our lives when it won't make any sense whatsoever. Quite frankly, it can get downright frustrating as well. When I first started this blog on Christian living, I could not help but wonder if I was actually doing not only the right thing, but the godly thing as well. I was like, "How am I going to pull this off? I'm not even a writer. At least not in the "storybook" sense." 

On a Sunday night, I sat here in front of my laptop with a puzzled look on my face as to whether I should write or not. Yes friend, I was riddled about why I should blog about Christian living to millions of people around the world when they already have been reading, listening, or watching anything related to Christian living in the first place. That was the moment that I had to ask God if this is what He really wanted me to do. 

Did it make any sense in my mind to become a blogger? No. Did it make a whole lot of sense to God? Yes. Let's just say that the first two weeks of blogging didn't get off to a very optimistic start. It took quite some time to really get my writing experience off the ground while at the same time simply trust God that He will drive the traffic. The whole blogging experience (everything from writing to some of the more techy stuff such as SEO and HTML coding) became something that I also had to learn "on my own". 

My dear friends, this is only a small sampler of the many riddles in my life and I'm confident in the Lord that you have your fair-share of riddled events in your life as well. When life doesn't seem to make any sense nor add up in the way you were hoping for, the best thing we can do as believers and followers of Jesus Christ is to keep the faith and trust God with our lives since God has already resolved all the riddles that will continue to come our way.

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!. . .:-).