Monday, April 7, 2014

Keep To The Quest!

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither turn away from the words of my mouth. (Prov. 4:5) 

All of us are surrounded by and benefit from the results of someone's quest. Let me name a few: 

- Above my head is a bright electric light. Thanks, Tom. 
- On my nose are eyeglasses that enable me to focus. Thanks, Ben. 
- In my driveway is a car ready to take me wherever I choose to steer it. Thanks, Henry.
- Across my shelves are books full of interesting and carefully researched pages. Thanks, authors. 

My list could go on and on. So could yours. 

Because some cared enough to dream, to pursue, to follow through and complete their quest, our lives are more comfortable, more stable. 

That's enough to spur me on. How about you? 

Day by Day with Charles Swindoll 

Come to think about it, I really thank God for the people that have gone out before us and have been creative enough to provide us with the amazing luxuries we have today. Aren't you? Practically every single country in the world has at least one Nobel Peace Prize winner. Those who have been able to win such a prestigious prize have been commended for some type of invention. A certain Nobel Peace prize winner named Jonas Salk was recognized for creating the Polio vaccine and as result that creation, saving millions of lives in the process. 

My friends, what kind of path have you been able to make for those that have yet to join your journey? Have you been able to "keep to the quest" that God has set before you? If so, be encouraged and stay on course! If not, then get back in right standing before God and get back on track. If God is for you, then who can be against you? Don't let discouragement keep you down when the going gets tough! Will there be moments when you might doubt your role in the Kingdom? Of course! Will there be moments when the people around you will attempt to keep you from achieving the kind of life that only God can provide? You bet! What it boils down is this: Will YOU let them? 

To be very honest, I'm totally clueless as to the kind of quest God has you on at the present moment. Could your quest cross paths with the quest God has me on right now? Only God knows this for sure and time will definitely tell. Maybe we have already crossed paths through Facebook, Twitter, or through some other social media outlet. Maybe we have already spoken over the phone or have already chatted via Skype. Maybe we have yet to meet through any means provided us...period. Whether we ever cross paths or not, "keep to the quest". Keep to whichever quest God has created for and always remember that God is on your side and many Christians around the world are praying for us that we will remain steadfast in the whole process. 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in YOUR quest as you grow in godly wisdom and intimacy in your relationship with God! Always remember. . . . JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)