Saturday, April 5, 2014

God Is In Charge!

Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. (Psalm 131:2) 

When it comes to irritations, I've found that it helps if I remember that I am not in charge of my day . . . God is. And while I'm sure He wants me to use my time wisely, He is more concerned with the development of my character and the cultivation  of the qualities that make me Christ-like within. One of His preferred methods of training is through adjustments to irritations. 

A perfect illustration? The oyster and its pearl. 

Irritation occurs when the shell of the oyster is invaded by an alien substance like a grain of sand. When that happens, all the resources within the tiny, sensitive oyster rush to the irritated spot and begin to release healing fluids that otherwise would have remained dormant. By and by the irritant is covered---by a pearl. Had there been no irritating  interruption, there could have been no pearl.  

No wonder our heavenly home has pearly gates to welcome the wounded and bruised who have responded correctly to the sting of irritations. 

The Finishing Touch 

I'm glad that I was able to find the right picture for this post. Being an American citizen has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are by no means exhaustive, but one of the obvious advantages we have still to this day are the numerous freedoms that we have come to embrace in our short lifetimes. On the flip side, a MAJOR disadvantage we have is the very fact that we have also taken those freedoms for granted and have frequently abused them. 

My dear friends, regardless of which country we live in and represent, we must ALWAYS remember Who's in charge. God is. God has been in charge since the dawn of creation. God has ordained everything to be exactly the way we have seen, heard, and learned since our infancy. Think about that for just a second. One surefire way we know that God is in charge is to simply take a look at our natural surroundings. God ordained the incredibly amazing balance in the ecosystem.

When we acknowledge that God is definitely in charge (or in control), we would feel a whole lot better about not only our present circumstances, but our future as well. Knowing He is in charge also helps us in maintaining our faith, hope, and trust in Him regardless of who is in authority above us. Instead of criticizing those who are in authority above us whos values may not be in alignment with our Biblical values, we must go to the One Who really is in charge in prayer and supplication. With that said, I want to ask the following question. . . . 

How confident are you of God being in charge? Or in control?

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)