Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Great Gift Of Fidelity!

A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that makes haste to be rich shall not go unpunished. (Prov. 28:20) 

We are living in an era that attempts to stretch grace to heretical extremes. I see it and hear it virtually every week of my life. So allow me to say this very straight: The greatest gift you can give to your marriage partner is your purity, your fidelity. The greatest character trait you can provide your spouse and your family is moral and ethical self-control. Stand firm, my friend. Refuse to yield [to temptation]. 

Deceptive baits are set out about us each day, and they don't all come from individuals. Some of them come from a cable television channel or the Internet or a magazine or peer pressure at school or colleagues at work. . . . You'll feel like a prude, the only one around who's not yielding. Don't be deceived by the persuasion no matter how beautiful and appealing the word may sound. It is a lie. Remember, it is all a lie. 

Joseph: A Man of Integrity and Forgiveness 

Boy...boy...boy...

The above devotional has hit it right on the head! Deception is everywhere my friends! God help us all in our attempts to remain faithful to Him! We are in desperate need of God to continuously intervene in our lives when dealing with the pressures of life. God is so faithful to us. Why is it so difficult to remain faithful to Him?

I came across an article from Charisma Magazine about Katy Perry (who happens to be a pastor's kid) falling away from the faith. I don't remember all the details of the article, but what I was able to get out of it in a nutshell is that she happens to be the victim of satan's lies in actually believing that true happiness can be found in anything, but God Himself. Unfortunately, Katy Perry is just one of many people in the entertainment industry that have fallen prey to the allure of worldly fame and fortune. 

My dear friends, is it really worth turning your back on God for anything that this world has to offer? No, it's not. Always remember friends, God is so faithful to us that He had already ordained our paths before we were even born. He already knew all the struggles we would be going through before we came face to face with them. I often say that God is Faithful and True. Those words have made an immensely positive in my life during some of the most difficult times in my life and when I was most tempted to try to resolve all of my problems on my own. In spite of myself and everything else, God has remained faithful. Our fidelity to God is the greatest gift we can possibly give to all of our friends and loved ones. Our fidelity to God also lends credence to the authenticity 
of God's sovereign presence in our lives. Great is His faithfulness! 

Thank you so much for reading this far my amazing friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you remain faithful to Him because He was first faithful to you! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).