Friday, March 28, 2014

Perfect Trust!

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. (Psalms 9:9) 

When the Philistines seized David in Gath he said "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You." (Psalm 56:3). When he fled from Saul into a cave, he cried out to God. "My soul takes refuge in You; and in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge until destruction passes by" (Psalm 57:1). 

Many, many years ago, Felix of Nola was escaping his enemies, and he, too, took temporary refuge in a cave. He had scarcely entered the opening of the cave before a spider began to weave its web across the small opening. With remarkable speed, the insect completely sealed off the mouth of the cave with an intricate web, giving the appearance that the cave had not been entered for many weeks. As Felix's pursuers passed by, they saw the web and didn't even bother to look inside. Later, as the godly fugitive stepped out into the sunlight, he uttered these insightful words: "Where God is, a spider's web is a wall; where He is not, a wall is but a spider's web." 

Perfect Trust 

I can definitely relate to David and Felix of Nola in regards to escaping to caves. Quite frankly, I have been known in the past to run off into my own "cave" when I was confronted with hostility. On the surface, it may appear that running into our own "caves" seems like the cowardly thing to do. But that doesn't always have to be the case. 

In the above examples, we have two cases where the purpose of escaping to the caves was more for strategic reasons than because of cowardice. There will be moments when God will allow you to experience some type of hostile situation where you will be faced with an opportunity to escape to your own "cave". When confronted with such a scenario, perfect trust in God has to be present. 

Having perfect trust in God will change us in such a manner that we will be empowered spiritually, mentally, and emotionally to confront any hostilities that either come our way or we inadvertently run into. My dear friends. . . . 

Perfect trust in God is a must! 

Without it, you could just forget about finding any chances of experiencing any radical changes (miracles) in our lives. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)