Monday, March 24, 2014

One Day At A Time!

When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom. (Prov. 11:2) 

People who refuse to get bogged down in and anchored to the past are those who pursue the objectives of the future. People who do this are seldom petty. They are too involved in getting a job done to be occupied with yesterday's hurts and concerns. . . . 

I know human nature well enough to realize that some people excuse their bitterness over past hurts by thinking,"It's too late to change. I've been injured and the wrong done against me is too great for me ever to forget it."

But when God holds out hope, when God makes promises, then God says,"It can be done." With each new dawn there is delivered to your door a fresh, new package called "today."  God has designed us in such a way that we can handle only one package at a time . . . and all the grace we need will be supplied by Him as we live out that day. 

Improving Your Serve 

Taking it one day at a time can be a whole lot easier said than done. At first, it was difficult for me to actually live out my life one day at a time because when I anticipate a certain event, I would often become impatient. Now these days, I would more often than not prefer to live one day at a time and remain patient with hopeful expectation that God will allow the event to happen. For me, living one day at a time has allowed me to surrender my concerns for the future. 

In the same way I attempt to live out my life one day at a time, I strongly encourage all of you to do the same. Why? Because it will be worth it when it's all said and done! It's very obvious to me and everyone reading this post is that the main object of discussion here is patience. Living one day at a time with patience is a beautiful experience because our hope, faith, and trust in God will flourish over time even if we don't see the results right away. God tells us in His Word the following: "Be still and know that I am God." ( Psalms 46:10). That verse is as straightforward as it gets when dealing with patience! 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)