Monday, March 10, 2014

Absolute Silence!

The LORD your God in the midst of you is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over you with joy; he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zeph. 3:17) 

I am more convinced than ever that there is no way you and I can move toward a deeper , intimate relationship with our God without protracted times of stillness, which includes one of the rarest of all experiences: absolute silence. 

Am I sounding more like a mystical dreamer? If so, so was the psalmist who wrote those familiar words we often quote but seldom obey, "Be still and know that I am God" (Ps.46:10). . . . 

We are commanded to stop (literally) . . . rest, relax, let go, and make time for Him. The scene is one of stillness and quietness, listening and waiting before Him. Such foreign experiences in these busy times! Nevertheless, knowing God deeply and intimately requires much discipline. Silence is indispensable if we hope to add depth to our spiritual life. 

Intimacy with the Almighty 

I love silence. Yes, I'm a passionate fan of silence. Silence has its own way of silencing me into submission. Silence provides me an opportunity to clear my mind of any clutter that builds throughout the day or after a very busy moment. In all reality, silence can either be good for you or not good. It largely depends upon the reason why the silence is needed. 

In allowing periods of silence in my life, an opportunity for me to develop a more intimate relationship with God became an increasingly more important priority in an effort to get to know Him and myself in the whole process. For me, silence has played a very prevalent role in my ability to process what has happened in my life. In my honest opinion, silence can be just as important as sleeping and eating because it allows me to be able to refocus spiritually and mentally. My dear friends, I strongly encourage you to spend that period of silence (absolute silence) with God and make every attempt to make it a priority.

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)