Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Weight Of Worry!

Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you. (1 Pet. 5:7) 

How wonderful that God personally cares about those things that worry us and prey upon our thoughts. He cares about them more than we care about them. Not a single nagging, aching, worrisome, stomach-tensing, blood-pressure-raising thought escapes His notice. 

This is how the Phillips translation renders 1 Peter 5:7:"You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon him, for you are his personal concern."

Isn't that good? He genuinely cares. He is able to bear all the weight of your worry. Because you are His personal concern, you never disappear from His radar screen. 

Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication 

Why worry? 

Matthew 6:26 is an amazing revelation of how much God actually cares about us as His children. If God truly cares about all the delicate details of all the animals, plant life, and even the details of life the cannot be seen with the naked eye, how much more will He take care of you and me? 

I often say that God is indeed Faithful and True. I have said those words so often throughout my life that I am totally convinced that there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Any (and all) concerns and cares that I have have been given over to God in prayer. As a result of making that conscious decision in my life, I can be at peace with whatever comes my way because God has already taken care of it all. 

Every single area of my life (spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially) are in God's hands. I'm not only at peace, but have also found comfort that God has already dealt with those areas even though I have yet to see some of those areas in my life materialize. That is when faith comes into play. Even though certain areas of my life have yet to materialize, I remain hopeful and confident in my trust and love for God that He will one day intervene in my life and make an immediate and eternal impact in the lives of those He already has around me and those whom He will one day surround me with. It is that hopeful confidence and expectation that builds my faith, hope, love, and trust in God. 

I hope and pray that this post will encourage you and remain firm in your relationship with God as you entrust God with all your cares and worries to Him. To be honest, this will be one of my favorite posts (if not, most) during this extensive series on the path of godly wisdom. My dear friends, take the "weight of worry" off your mind, soul, and spirit. Always remember...

Let go...Let God! 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)