Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Object Of God's Concern!

Truly my soul waits upon God: from him comes my salvation. (Psalms 61:1) 

I've had times when I found myself wondering about the things I've believed and preached for years. What happened? Has God died? No. My vision just got a little blurry. My circumstances caused my thinking to get a little foggy. I looked up, and I couldn't see Him as clearly. 

That's what happened to John Bunyan back in the seventeenth century in England. He preached against the godlessness of his day, and the authorities shoved him into prison. . . . But because Bunyan firmly believed God was still alive and working, he turned that prison into a place of praise, service, and creativity as he began to write Pilgrim's Progress, the most famous allegory in the history of the English language. 

When we hit a tough spot, our tendency is to feel abandoned. . . . In fact, just the opposite is true, for at the moment, we are more than ever the object of God's concern. 

Elijah: A Man of Heroism & Humility 

Who is the object of God's concern? You and I.

God cares about everyone, especially His own children. Like every caring parent, God cares deeply about every single detail of our lives. In the last article I posted, I mentioned the importance of providing words of affirmation in the lives of everyone we meet in our lives. Words of affirmation is just one of many ways that God expresses His concern for every single one of us. 

My love for God has grown over the course of many years because of what He has done, but even more importantly, because of Who He is. God is love. God loves us so much that He has a specially vested interest in how your develops spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, and last but not least, financially. His vested interest in your life should serve as motivation to seek out God's best for your life and the lives of those around you. 

I strongly recommend that all of us really take the time to reflect on God's genuine love, care, and concern for our lives even when it seems like He is most distant. Having that kind of mentality has helped me through some of the darkest moments of my life. Have I ever thought that God doesn't care about my life. Of course! Have I also thought that God has left me to my own wares? You bet! It is when we are confronted with the reality that life without God is life not worth living, you will gain a deeper appreciation for God's Presence in your life. God truly cares about where you are right now. Don't seek God's hand my friends, seek His Face then His hand will move on your behalf. Keep the faith. Keep the trust. Keep the hope that God's concern for you is to provide you a future filled with the abundant blessings of His kingdom. 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you always in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)