Monday, February 24, 2014

Take Life As It Comes!

In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening withhold not your hand: for you know not which shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both alike shall be good. (Eccl. 11:6) 

The only way we can come to terms with reality---is by trusting God, regardless. No ifs, ands, or buts. If I am a farmer and God allows a flood to come and wash away my crops or God chooses to give me the beautiful season rains and a bumper crop, I trust Him and I give Him praise. If I am in industry or some profession and someone throws me a curve and God allows my whole world to be reversed, I trust Him and I give Him praise. I take life as it occurs. I don't waste time in the pit of doubt. Nor do I worry over crop failures and strikeouts. 

We can't wait for conditions to be perfect. Nor can we wait for things to be free of all risks---absolutely free, absolutely safe. Instead of protecting ourselves, we have to release ourselves. Instead of hoarding, we are to give and invest. Instead of of drifting, we are to pursue life. Instead of doubting, we are to courageously trust. 

Living on the Ragged Edge 

I have to admit! There have been so many seasons in my life where I have experienced one surprise after another. Given the unpredictability of our daily living, it's often pretty hard to be able to take life as it comes. I have often heard it said to me or me saying it to others that "tomorrow is not promised to anyone". That's absolutely true in every sense of the word! 

With that said, all we can ask and hope for as Christians is to simply trust God with our daily affairs and living. Right? Think about that for one second and let the reality that "tomorrow is not promised to anyone" sink in. If there has been anything in my life that I have learned and learned well is to never to take life for granted. 

Life is beautiful. It is beautiful because God Himself created it. Is life unpredictable? Yes. Are there moments in life when it can get hectic and trying? Definitely! It is not only in these moments in life where we can experience God, but most especially in those moments where all we need to do is stop for a minute and simply bask peacefully in Him and really enjoy life in His Presence. 

Ask yourself this one very important question...

What would life be like if God was never apart of it? 

As far as I'm concerned, I would not be alive. I would simply be existing. Yes my dear friends, there is a MAJOR difference between living and existing. There will never be a better way to live our lives than to live in Christ. Ready to take life as it comes with Jesus by our side? Good! I know I am!...:-)

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-D