Friday, February 28, 2014

God Knows Our Limits!

But you, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in mercy and truth. (Psalms 86:15) 

Our Lord understands our limits. He realizes our struggles. He knows how much pressure we can take. He knows what measures of grace and mercy and strength we'll require. He knows how we're put together. 

Frankly, His expectations are not nearly as unrealistic as ours. When we don't live up to the agenda we have set, we feel like He is going to dump a truckload of judgement on us. But that will not happen. So why do we fear it could? 

Hope Again 

Back in high school, I used to be a very avid and albeit intense baseball player. I was the kind of guy that would be the very first to jump at the chance to break every single record that was made at the position that I played (right field). I have grown to love the game of baseball as well as basketball. There was only one problem...

I was too passionate and gung-ho for my own good. In spite of my passion the said games, I had trouble recognizing my own physical and mental limitations. In one baseball game, I set out to break the stolen base record for right fielders. In my attempt to steal second base, I ended up dislocating my wrist. Did I break the record? Yes. But guess what else what broken to? My physical and mental resolve. With 5 or 6 games left to the end of the season, I found myself sitting in the bench as my team made its championship run in the group 4 playoffs. 

My dear friends, the moral of the story is this. When we fail to understand our limits, God will allow us to crash and burn. God has already known what my limits were long before I knew what it was. It took for me to break my wrist to come to that understanding. It was a MAJOR reality check! In spite of all that, my competitive spirit continue to burn within me. God provided me an opportunity to engage in mixed martial arts specializing in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and Wing Chun. The difference in my approach now compared to those days in high school is that I refuse to allow arrogant pride to get in the way of enjoying what I love to do. 

My example is a purely physical and mental one whereas yours may be purely emotional and intellectual. Even if it happens to be the latter, we must keep in mind what our limits are and ask God to grant us His wisdom in the process. The very first time I heard the following quote, "Pride comes before the fall.", I could not help but smile and simply look up to God and tell Him that He has an amazing sense of humor. It was only after I learned the above quote that I learned another one. Here it goes. . . 

"Let Go. . .Let God"

Yes friends, all that passion that I had (and still have) for athletics is now transferred into my passion with God, self, and others. My passion is now fine-tuned into this blog as God has provided me an avenue to be outspoken about as many different subject matters as possible providing all of you a biblical worldview at the same time. 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you always in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU ALL AND SO DO I!!!...:-)