Tuesday, January 28, 2014

True Love Dates!

Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up, Does not behave itself rudely, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, keeps no record of evil; Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Cor. 13:4-7) 

Date inward. Date outward. Date upward. 

Those three short phrases will forever be entrenched in my being. This amazing book written by Debra Fileta is by far the most impressive book I have read on dating to date and as a single Christian I have had my fair share of dating books in the past. While many of the books I have previously read were insightful in their own way, True Love Dates is an amazing revelation in the fact that the book is riddled with real life illustrations of the experiences she had with her own clients in her counseling practice. 

I strongly recommend this book to ALL SINGLE CHRISTIANS! As a minister that truly cares about of God's people, especially Christian singles, this is the kind of book that will awaken us to the realities of what it looks like to not only find, but also experience true love in our lives. This book has only reinforced what I have known and experienced in my life. What makes this book so special is the fact that it actually gives you the feel that you are being counseled by Debra herself. In my mind, that's really cool! As a result of my experience in reading this book, my own personal outlook on the world of dating has made a paradigm shift. 

Instead of focusing exclusively on dating "outwardly", I made the conscious decision with God's help and grace to date "inwardly and upwardly". The greatest decision anyone who is in Christ can make is to date "inward" and "upward" simultaneously so that when the opportunity to date "outward" presents itself (and I'm confident in the Lord it will), you can look back at all of the experiences God has allowed you to go through and come out in victory! God is indeed gracious to all of us! 

Last, but not least, I want to leave you with what REAL TRUE LOVE looks like. Here we go! 


Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In it's fullness over me

Underneath me, all around me
Is the current of Your love
Leading onward, leading homeward
To Your glorious rest above

--- Samuel Trevor Francis,
"Oh, the Deep Love of Jesus" 

My dear friends, that is what I call REAL TRUE LOVE

May God continue to bless you and keep you in your search now and always! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)

P.S. To really get to know Debra and her ministry, I strongly recommend visiting her website True Love Dates at http://www.truelovedates.com.

Here's mine... http://www.amircarmickydiaz.blogspot.com