Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Honest To The Core!

Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of your eye. (Prov. 7:2) 


What is God looking for? He is looking for men and women whose hearts are completely His----completely. . . . 

God is not looking for magnificent specimens of humanity. He's looking for deep spiritual, genuinely humble, honest-to-the-core servants who have integrity. . . . 

Today, we live in a world that says, in many ways, "If you just make a good impression, that's all that matters." But you will never be a man or woman of God if that's your philosophy. Never. You cannot fake it with the Almighty. He is not impressed with externals. He always focuses on the inward . . . those things that take time and discipline to cultivate.  

David: A Man of Passion and Destiny 


"Honesty is the best policy." 

I have heard this line numerous times in my short lifetime, yet I have heard those same words dishonored by the same people who use this phrase. Why is it so difficult for people to remain honest? In the eyes of most people, it's a whole lot easier to be dishonest than to be truthful. Dishonesty often plays a huge role in how people get ahead in life (or so it seems). To remain honest in today's society takes a great deal of courage, strength, and transparency. 

There were moments in my life when I often became to dishonest out of fear of losing face with those around me or out of fear of being rejected or not accepted into that particular group. Those years of dishonesty are far behind me now. I have learned to hold myself accountable to God, to myself, to the close circle of mentors and those who I consider "family".  Over the course of the majority of my life, I have had my fair share of rebuke, correction, and encouragement whenever I was confronted with defeat as well as victory. Without all those experiences, I would not be the man that I am today. I would be lying to you if I told you that I have finally arrived because I haven't. Far from it! What I do take comfort in is in knowing very well that God has taken a vested interest in my life and has surrounded me with individuals that take the same vested interest in what happens in my life as well. I will forever be grateful and will never take for granted the wonderful people that God has surrounded me with. 

Honesty is a crucial element if we are going to be successful in every single area of our lives, especially in the area of relationships. I strongly encourage you friends to be as honest and transparent as possible with those that God has surrounded you with. Ask God to provide you with the courage, strength, and the ability to be transparent in all of your affairs as I'm confident in Him that He will be more than happy to fulfill that prayer request. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my amazing friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).